Would you like to receive writing instruction in an intimate and professional setting?
If so, I invite you to join me September 14-15, 2013 in the San Francisco Bay area for “Prose in Motion: Crafting Fiction for Commercial Success.”
This two-day intensive is sponsored by Writing for Life Workshops, the brainchild of best-selling authors Susanne Lakin and Geraldine Solon.
Their goal is to host a series of multi-day workshops on the writing craft in a venue other than a huge conference setting. They chose to host these workshops in heart of Silicon Valley, a location that offers easy access from the entire Bay region and is close to three major airports.
“Prose in Motion” will be at The Marriott Courtyard in Newark, CA.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll learn:
- How can writers craft their fiction so it sells—without selling their soul?
- Is there a secret to fashioning a novel so it will hit the best-seller lists?
During this event for intermediate fiction writers of all genres, we’ll go deep into the technique and structure needed in your fiction to make it grab the attention of publishers and readers.
- First line, first paragraph, first page: how to create a winning first impression
- How to make “point of view” your ally
- Right-brain energy: how to transform the outline process into a vital experience
- Creating a pitch and premise that sell
- Plotting, subplotting, and the interweaving of successful scenes
- Upping the ante: the discipline of daily output and how to maintain the emotional and story threads
- The three-thousand-year legacy: How understanding the Heroic structure and Post-modern story can work to your advantage
- The wonder of three dimensions: How to create characters and dialog that leap off the page
Here is the tentative schedule for our two days together:
Class: 9:00 AM–12:30 PM
Lunch: 12:30 PM-1:15 PM (included in price)
Registration for “Prose in Motion” opens January 14, 2013 with a week-long registration and give-away of all kinds of door prizes.
The cost of the two-day workshop is as follows:
- Early Bird rate: $315 if registered before May1, 2013
- Early Bird rate for members of any CWC (CA Writers Club) or ACFW chapter: $295 (you must provide the name of the chapter/region you belong to) if registered before May 1, 2013.
- Regular Rate: $350 May 1–August 31. Registration closes August 31.
- Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
Your registration fee includes:
- Two full days of writing instruction and exercises
- lunch each day
- registration materials (including a padfolio, pens, neck badge, and other cool items)
- raffle tickets for the drawing to win books
- editing services
- chocolate and other goodies
- all handout materials
Lodging is not included in the workshop price. Attendees must make their own room reservations at the hotel. The Marriott is offering a discounted rate to our participants of $84 a night plus tax for either/both nights of September 13th and 14th up until August 22, 2103.
Hotel Reservations – code M-P11X0E or refer to Writing for Life Workshop Room Block.
Contact either 1-800-321-2211 or 510-792-5200 to book your room.
Remember, registration opens January 14 – mark your calendar!